SNV30239

SNV30239

Blogging about

I love blogging about... books

Friday 30 March 2012

a day of a beach, a creme brulee and a sunset


I've just  come back from Margaret River ...it's about a three hour drive down the coast from Perth. Not only is it a premier wine growing area, it's coastline and countryside are beautiful. So many different  beaches, so many stunning delightful views dancing their way into my memory .


We had a long, hard afternoon at a deserted Prevelly  beach.....


swimming, dozing , reading, walking along the water's edge



and thinking just how bloody lucky I am to be here in this beautiful country spending precious days  with my son. But all too soon, it's time to go and have a long ,cool drink, and watch a stunning sunset from Sea gardens.

It's a licensed cafe  I first came across two years ago with my daughter and Mikey ,the American.Set on a series of terraces, it's the best place to watch a free light show across the skies.....

I'm already savouring the moment....



We get there early..
to watch as day turns to night...



The tables of chattering locals and tourists quieten every now and again as everyone keeps breaking off their conversation to just look.....



By now we're hungry....although many seem to be ordering pizzas, the Boy orders belly of pork on mash with green beans....I have a couscous and roasted vegetable salad.All very tasty, but then I order the creme brulee.If it's ever on  a menu - wherever I am -I have to taste one.

Since the best brulee ever from a tiny village outside Guerrande in France, I've been trying to find one that matches upto that dreamy, creamy ,crispy one that I remember so well. Here at Seagardens, I find one that is nearly up there.Shards of burnt sugar crackle as my spoon swoops into the bowl... Gilles England Brassy the chef owner knows what he's doing.

A creme brulee , a sunset, and a glass of wine....it's the perfect end to an afternoon at Prevelly.



Just one more view.....




But if you can't see a sunset tonight...then watch this track....Sunset by Damon Albarn & Afel Bocoum & Malian Musicians -  live at Barbican Hall, London, March 2002 -relax to the rhythms and imagine a beautiful sunset ...................


2 comments:

  1. So pleased to read that you're having an amazing time there. Continue to enjoy and we'll see you here soon. By the way, the sun which has been shining relentlessly has now gone in and it's back to the usual chilly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ros, this month has been wonderful! Feeling so laid back I'm virtually comatose.Flying back on Tuesday ....and looking forward to the next writers meetings !

      Delete