SNV30239

SNV30239

Blogging about

I love blogging about... books

Sunday 1 January 2017

Days of

When I return, my plan this year is to try and see as much of the UK as I can too. I'm not talking about a mammoth tour around the coast, or walking from Lands End to John O Groats by the way, oh no.
 
There's so much I realise I haven't seen yet, so many places which would be fascinating for a weekend away. And when travelling anywhere, Instead of the journey fastest travelled I want to slow down...and make the journey as important as the destination.
 
For example about five weeks ago I was in Hull overnight ...see here
 
We could have nipped up there and back in a day to get a visa ...but by staying overnight, we enjoyed a walk around the old pubs and a few museums savouring the city's history. On the way back too, instead of whizzing home on the motorway

No comments:

Post a Comment