SNV30239

SNV30239

Blogging about

I love blogging about... books

Monday 6 April 2020

Days of miracles and celebrations


In these dark, dark days, our world is very different to what it is was a year ago today, but there are always signs to give us hope, something to believe in, and show us that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Even a miracle or two.

I believe in miracles, and I'm looking at a photo of one now.

Her name is Clementine Rose and tomorrow she will be three weeks old.


This time last year, my son Billy and his partner Poppy had fallen in love , but knew that  having a baby together would be medically very difficult if not impossible. It was hard for both of them , but then last summer, came some news which left them completely dumfounded and ecstatic. A miracle had happened ...and Poppy's pregnancy was very closely monitored.
So, to see this little bundle of loveliness is wonderful, to see Poppy and Billy so happy, so completely beguiled by their daughter, is such a joy and I know what devoted parents they are.





Clementine though, has been born into a world of COVID 19 and social distancing, which means that I've only seen her twice, only from a distance and I've not been able to hold her. Instead I make do with photographs, I pore over each picture, with  an actual physical ache to cuddle her and whisper soft words of love, but her safety is paramount of course.
In fact, my granddaughter is cocooned in a world of just three, all getting to know each other in their own time. I can't wait for the days as she blossoms, and finally gets to see the world and all those who also love her.
Clementine is such a dainty, dinky little dot, and today there's reason to celebrate. Born early, she weighed 6 pounds and six ounces, but has lost quite a lot of weight since then. Today, for the first time she weighs more than she did on her arrival. so yes, a day to celebrate.

There's another reason to celebrate today - it's Clementine's cousin's birthday.

Yes, my grandson  Jasper is one today! I can't quite believe how quickly time has rushed by, and how he's grown.



 



I've written about his arrival here....

https://thinkingofthedays.blogspot.com/2019/04/baby-days.html

He was another little miracle who was much longed for, and seeing the light and love he has brought to his entire, extended family is a joy.

My darling daughter Lucy and husband Harry idolise him, and no wonder why....he can look so angelic....








 


Angelic he may be, he's also very loving and a real snugglepot...but he is the funniest, quirkiest little baby who loves to laugh.

 He is so loved, just as Clementine is, and as our next grandchild  will be. Yes, there's another one on the way! Our youngest son Callum and his fiancĂ© Elly are expecting a baby in late July and I can't wait for that moment either.

It would seem my grandchildren are like buses - as the saying goes " you wait ages for one, and then three come all at once."

Buses, unlike babies though, don't bring such happiness, such feelings of contentment, such love and such a sense of awe and wonder. Miracles do .......










No comments:

Post a Comment